Thursday 1 September 2011

Cyclelane with a View.

Yesterday i went on a little leisure trip on my cycle, I started from my home in Green Point, cycled along the Main Road down to the Sea Point Promenade, went along the Promenade to the pools, turned around went back to Mouille Point and home again through Green Point Park.
When cycling as oppose to driving in a car you notice all the little things going on. Here are a few pictures of what I saw on my trip.

Paragliding of Lions Head


The Atlantic Ocean on the last day of winter.



Green Point Lighthouse
 

Landing safely


And then somebody who did not land that safely.


The RMS Athens shipwrecked in 1865


A bit of Namaqualand in the middle of Mouille Point.

The Green Point, (oops Cape Town???) Stadium and the golf course from Green Point Park.


A lunch time game of football.

Green gym, in Green Point Park
  

Where the Madness begins.



I spotted this green arrow for the first time, I am not sure what it is pointing at.
 To really get to know your city, you must get out of the car and get to appreciate those little things.




No comments:

Post a Comment