Thursday 11 August 2011

If you build it, they will use it!!

Then where are the Cyclists???
Yesterday I cycled around on the cycle lanes in the city centre and Green Point between 15.00 and 17.00 (Peak Hours) and I saw no other cyclists on the lanes, there was a few cycling on the roads, but that is it.

So I have to ask myself: Where are the cyclists??? The facilities are there, I am not going to pretend it is world class facilities, in fact there are many things that need to be improved for the cycle lanes to work. But in my opinion the fact that there are so few Capetonians using the lanes says more about the people in Cape Town, than it does about the substandard cycle lanes. 

Adderley Street

Adderley Street. No cyclists but lots of MTN promoters/Air time sellers.
 

Bree Street

Bree Street

Somerset Road

Somerset Road

I cannot help to think that the City of Cape Town are wasting the rate payers money building all these cycle lanes that no one uses. Maybe the money would be better spend on something else.



No comments:

Post a Comment